What Information Does CarBuckets Gather?
Information You Give Us.
We may collect and retain any information from you or your devices provided to us when you visit a Website, including when you:
- use our service or mobile application;
- register for an account;
- communicate with us, such as to provide feedback, request support, or ask for additional information; and
- subscribe to content we offer, such as newsletters, alerts, etc.
We may collect information such as your first and last name, home or other physical address, email address, zip code, telephone number, your automobile’s make, model, trim, model year, mileage, color, options, vehicle identification number (“VIN”), license plate number, or information about your interactions with us or others, and other information.
Automatically Collected Information.
We may collect information automatically when you visit our Website or use our mobile applications, such as: your IP address; the type of browser, devices and operating systems you use;
- identifiers associated with the device(s) you use to access our Website;
- the pages you visit, vehicles you view or configure, and the features you use, including dates and times;
- if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website; and
- information regarding your internet service provider.
We may collect information regarding the effectiveness of our email and other communications with you. For example, we may know if you follow a link in an email we send to you.
We may collect session and geolocation information from your mobile device. Geolocation information includes data such as your device’s physical location and may include GPS-based, WiFi-based or cell-based location information.
Information from Other Sources.
We may obtain information about you from affiliates, partners, automobile dealers and other third parties. This information may include information about your use of this Website or our services, your use of other websites, your interactions with or purchases from automobile dealers, your interests and preferences and other information about you or your household. We may combine the information we obtain from third parties with information that we or our affiliates have collected about you.
How Does CarBuckets Use Information About Me?
CarBuckets and others acting on our behalf may use the information that we collect or receive to operate our business, including our Website, as described below:
Operate and Support our Website and Services.
We use the information that we gather in order to operate our Website and our services. For example, we may use the information that we collect or receive to provide support and assistance that you request or to diagnose or address technical problems in the operation of our Website or any of our services. If you establish an account with us, we may use information about you to manage or support your account. We may identify your use of our Website across devices, and we may use information we collect from you and receive from others to optimize your use of the Website and our services as you use different devices.
Improving and Evolving our Services.
We constantly evaluate and improve our Website and Service, including developing new products or services and use the information we gather to do so.
To Allow You to Connect with Dealerships.
To Allow You to Connect with Lending Institutions.
Advertising and Promotions.
We may use the information we gather to offer, provide, or personalize products and services from us and third parties. For example, we may customize content, advertising, promotions and incentives to reflect your preferences, interests, or prior interactions with us and others.
When Does CarBuckets Share Information?
We may share information with our corporate affiliates for their everyday business purposes, to provide services or to perform marketing. We may also participate in joint ventures with others and we may share information as part of that joint venture.
We may share the information we gather with Partner Website (and the owners of those sites). For example, we may share information for determining or verifying our economic rights and obligations.
We may share information with third party service providers who help us operate our business or provide services on our behalf, including third parties who help us operate our Website. These service providers include analytics companies, communication providers and advertising networks that provide Metrics Tools on our Website.
We may share information with third parties to help us promote our products and services, or to help us customize advertisements, offers, or other communications to you.
We may share information with automobile dealers, manufacturers and other providers of automobile related products and services. For example, we may share information with our participating Dealerships to allow you to communicate with them, and them to communicate with you when you elect to share your information with them.
We may share information we have collected from you in connection with the sale or merger of our business or the transfer of assets.
Protection of Ourselves and Others.
We may use and share the information we gather to enforce our rights and protect our property and those of our affiliates, customers and members of the public, to comply with applicable law, legal process, legal advice and for preventing fraud, theft, and injury to you, us or others.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
How Can I Access and Update My Information?
If you are a registered User on www.carbuckets.com, you may access, update and change certain information we have collected about you by accessing the “My Account” tab after signing into your account on www.carbuckets.com.
How Does CarBuckets Address California Privacy Rights?
Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number and other identifiers that we describe above.
- The following categories of Personal Information are described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the Personal Information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) vehicle identification numbers (when linked to identified persons), vehicle information such as model and year, vehicle registration information, and license plate numbers, (3) information you provide or that we record in connection with customer support calls or complaints, (4) demographic information such as age range and gender, and (5) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “What Information Does CarBuckets Gather?”.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as military service, sex or age range.
- Commercial information, including information about records of personal property, orders, purchases.
- Any data from your usage of services in connection with CarBuckets Services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, usage of, and information regarding your interaction with our Website.
- Geolocation data. When you use our Website, it may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store session and geolocation information from your device to connect you with dealers in your area. Geolocation information includes data such as your device’s physical location and may include GPS-based, WiFi-based or cell-based location information.
- Audio information may be collected when you place a call with CarBuckets’s customer service or accounting centers for quality control purposes.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you utilize our Website, and (2) information about CarBuckets user preferences and behavior, which we use for product and service enhancement and optimization purposes.
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information we collect, please see “How Does CarBuckets Use Information About Me.”
Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows consumers to direct certain businesses not to sell their personally identifiable information collected on a business’s platform or other online service to third parties to license or sell that information to additional third parties. If you are a Nevada resident, you may submit such opt-out requests by email at [email protected]. To be effective, your request must include your full name, address, phone number, and email address to verify the authenticity of your request.
Notice to California Residents
Shine the Light. Users who are California residents may request (i) a list of categories of personal information disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please send us an email or a letter to the addresses in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify you are making a “California Shine the Light” request. We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
(a) Right to Access and Information regarding Personal Information.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you; and
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver Personal Information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the Personal Information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with CarBuckets, or, if not, electronically. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
(b) Right to Deletion of Personal Information.
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
(c) Right to Opt Out.
You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. To make the request, please contact us here.
(d) Right to Non-Discrimination.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- denying you goods or services;
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to CarBuckets by your Personal Information.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by: Submitting a request by email to [email protected].
Calling us toll-free at (844) 467-0808
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us via the
Contact section provided below.
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, our Website is currently unable to respond to Do Not Track signals.
How Does CarBuckets Handle Privacy Disputes?
How Does CarBuckets Protect the Security of the Personal Information it Collects?
We use administrative, technical, and physical security designed to safeguard personal information in our possession. We cannot guarantee the security of the information that we collect and store. If you believe that information about you has been subject to unauthorized disclosure, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
How Can CarBuckets be Contacted Regarding Privacy Issues?
6358 Collins Ave., Unit 58
Miami Beach, Florida 33141